Teeth whitening – frequently asked questions
What are post-teeth whitening recommendations?
Do not eat for 3 hours following the treatment (water is allowed). For the first 72 hours (3 days) following the treatment do not drink any colouring beverages (e.g. coffee, tea or wine) and follow the “white diet”, i.e. it is recommended to eat products whose colour is similar to white.
Examples of “white diet” products:
– DAIRY PRODUCTS: milk, cottage cheese, Mozzarella cheese, natural yoghurt, kefir, buttermilk, butter
– FISH AND SEAFOOD: walleye pollock, sole, salmon, codfish, prawns, mussels
– CHICKEN: chicken fillet (do not season with colourful spices)
– VEGETABLES: white bean, cauliflower, kohlrabi, potatoes, garlic, onion, white cabbage, lettuce, cucumber, reddish (peeled), celery
– FRUIT: bananas, apple (peeled), mango, avocado, coconut and desiccated coconut
– WHITE GROATS AND RICE: pearl barley, millet groats, pearl groats
– CEREALS: oat flakes, cornflakes, white bread, rolls, white pasta
– BEVERAGES: water, after 48 hours you can drink coffee with milk, white wine, lager beer
When may not the teeth whitening treatment deliver desired results?
The treatment may be ineffective in case of false teeth, i.e. veneers, crowns, implants, etc. and in case of people whose teeth are discoloured due to using drugs (use of tetracycline).
What are contraindications to teeth whitening?
The teeth whitening treatment is contraindicated in the following cases:
– pregnant and breastfeeding women
– pathological abraded or broken teeth enamel
– periodontosis and various kinds of gum inflammation
– people who underwent a dental surgery, e.g. tooth extraction, dental implant, within the last two months
– people with dental braces
– people under 18 years of age
I have tooth fillings, tooth losses, crooked bite – is tooth whitening safe for me?
Yes, teeth whitening is safe in case of tooth losses, dental implants, teeth fillings as we conduct the entire teeth whitening treatment in a way that does not affect your teeth structure. The discoloured tooth enamel is whitened. The crooked bite is not a contraindication to teeth whitening, either.
Why should I whiten my teeth?
Your smile is your logo – why should not you have beautiful white teeth?
The radiant smile is often the first thing to which we pay attention when meeting a new person. It often happens that we radiantly smile to a newly met person before saying anything. Some people even believe that your smile is your ambassador when meeting new people. It is crucial that the first impression should be the most advantageous; it is worth smiling without embarrassment to a new person in order to bedazzle him or her.
Is teeth whitening painful, will I feel discomfort?
No. We do not use any gel containing hydrogen peroxide that causes pain, discomfort and hypersensitivity. Our teeth whitening treatment is completely painless. There is no post-treatment hypersensitivity of teeth.
What does teeth whitening look like?
– firstly, we talk with the customer, complete the form and clarify any indications and contraindications to the treatment;
– subsequently, we use the colour sampler to find the customer’s present teeth colour;
– after finding the appropriate colour, the customer gets a special disposable finger-tip to brush his or her teeth with an activator;
– whitening gel is applied on the customer’s teeth;
– the customer’s teeth are irradiated with the laser lamp (3 x 15 min.);
– we check the treatment effects, using the special colour sampler.
The difference in shades received by our customers is usually 4-12 shades, depending on the initial and individual (natural) colour of their teeth.